We are an integrated family of lifestyle communities and senior living services in greater Cincinnati. Best known for our Twin Towers and Twin Lakes senior living communities, we deliver exceptional everyday experiences to everyone we serve. With a focus on quality living options and healthcare services, and a commitment to whole-person wellness, Life Enriching Communities has become one of the area’s leading senior living providers.
We work for the day when everyone involved in senior living finds fulfillment through….
• Life with meaning and purpose
• Enriching opportunities and experiences
• Communities fostering relationships and perpetuating legacy
We provide exceptional everyday experiences in Christian community by . . .
• Creating associate experiences that support, engage and empower
• Delivering resident and customer experiences that exceed expectations
• Setting and surpassing standards for quality and safety
• Growing consistently in service and value
• Producing expanded resources to extend our impact
We are an extended family of multiple generations, bound together with . . .
• Respect: honoring the dignity of all people
• Innovation: igniting entrepreneurial initiative and creative solutions
• Spirituality: pursuing our purpose consistent with Christian principles
• Excellence: striving for extraordinary effectiveness and efficiency
The History of Life Enriching Communities
Life Enriching Communities has a rich and storied history dating back to 1899. That year, after recognizing a need to create a community for retired ministers and laity, the Rev. Dr. Henry C. Weakley, a Methodist minister, coordinated the efforts of five Methodist Conferences to establish The Methodist Home for the Aged. President William McKinley was one of the original trustees of The Methodist Home for the Aged. He’s believed to be the only sitting President of the United States to be a member of the board of any retirement home.
Following a fire to the original structure in Yellow Springs in 1902, The Methodist Home for the Aged accepted the offer of Mr. & Mrs. Obed J Wilson to build a new home on twenty acres of land in the College Hill neighborhood in Cincinnati. Six years later, 40 residents moved into what is now known as Twin Towers.
Over the years, Twin Towers has grown into a sprawling 120-acre campus featuring independent living apartments and patio homes, assisted living, rehabilitative therapy services, and skilled nursing care and is home to more than 600 residents.
With a century of success at Twin Towers, and the ever-growing number of active adults in the Cincinnati area, the Board of Trustees decided to expand.
In 2002, construction began on a second retirement community, Twin Lakes, located in Montgomery, Ohio. The 65-acre campus includes villa homes, apartments, assisted living, rehabilitation therapy services and skilled nursing care services for nearly 400 residents.
Today, Life Enriching Communities is one of the leading providers of quality, innovative senior services in the tri-state area.