Teepa Snow Presents: Why Do They Do That? Understanding Symptoms and Behaviors of Dementia
If you haven't had the privilege of seeing dementia care expert Teepa Snow present, now is your chance. Teepa is an occupational therapist currently working as a dementia care and education specialist.
She is one of America’s leading educators on dementia, and combines her education, research, experience, and close work with various dementia specialist to develop, improve and optimize programs for people living with dementia. Her exceptional presentation skills help caregivers and family members understand the challenges of living with dementia.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Recognize selected key differences between dementia and forgetfulness.
- Identify changes in the brain that result in typical changes in behavior and function.
- Describe common behaviors that are symptoms of dementia in the areas of memory.
- Understanding, language use, movement and sensation, and impulse control.
- Recognize effective versus typical caregiver responses to typical behaviors.
DATE: Monday, February 26, 2018
TIME: 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
LOCATION: The Gulden Community Center
Twin Towers Senior Living Community
5343 Hamilton Ave, Cincinnati, Ohio 45224
Seating is limited, please RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
2 Hour CEU Credit for Social Workers. Social Work CEUs provided by Xavier University Department of Social Work: Approved Provider No. RSX 090602 - Approved for social workers by the State of Ohio, Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage & Family Therapist Board