Teepa Snow is returning to Cincinnati and you won’t want to miss her! She is an occupational therapist with over 40 years of experience in geriatric care. She currently works as a dementia care and education specialist. Teepa is widely known for her exceptional presentation style.
During Making Visits Valuable and Positive Teepa will:
- Educate those who want to spend time with someone who has dementia on ways to have successful interactions.
- Help build interaction skills so visits are both beneficial and positive. Emphasis will be placed on using the visitor’s observational skills and knowledge of who the person has been to match their communication attempts to the person’s ability to respond.
- Assist in understanding how to use your knowledge and objects in the environment as therapeutic tools.
Teepa has clinical appointments with Duke University’s School of Nursing and UNC-Chapel Hill’s School of Medicine. For more information about her, click here to visit her website.
- When: Friday, March 27 th 2020
- Time: 9:00 A.M. to 11:00 P.M.
- Cost: FREE
- Where: The Gulden Community Center, Twin Towers 5343 Hamilton Ave, Cincinnati, Ohio 45224
- Register: Seating is limited, please register by emailing LEC.Events@lec.org
2-hour CEU for Occupational Therapists and Social Workers.
- Social Work CEUs will be provided through Xavier University, Social Work and Marriage & Family Therapist Board-Social Work No. (RSX090602).
- Occupational Therapy CE’s are pending through Ohio OTPTAT Board, OT Section.