Being a grandparent is one of the most rewarding relationships you can have. It’s the same unconditional love you feel for your children but with fewer struggles and a lot more fun!
Looking for more tips and tricks to living a better life? Learn how to downsize like a pro today!
15 Quotes About the Joys of Grandparenting
- “I used to think I was too old to fall in love again, then I became a grandparent.” – author unknown
- “Grandchildren are the dots that connect the lines from generation to generation.” – Lois Wyse
- “It is one of nature’s ways that we often feel closer to distant generations than to the generation immediately preceding us.” – Igor Stravinsky
- “If God had intended us to follow recipes, he wouldn’t have given us grandmothers.” ~Linda Henley
- “Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting.” – author unknown
- “A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart.” – author unknown
- “Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap.” – Doug Larson
- “Every generation revolts against its fathers and makes friends with its grandfathers.” – Lewis Mumford
- “Holding these babies in my arms makes me realize the miracle my husband and I began.” – Betty Ford
- “The best dads get promoted to grandpa.” – author unknown
- “A grandmother is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend.” – author unknown
- “A grandfather is someone you can look up to no matter how tall you grow.” – author unknown
- “Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “One of the most powerful hand clasps is that of a new grand baby around the finger of a grandfather.” – Joy Hargrove
- “Because (grandparents) are usually free to love and guide and befriend the young without having to take daily responsibility for them, they can often reach out past pride and fear of failure and close the space between generations.” – Jimmy Carter
Of course, we also need to throw in the humorous side of being a grandparent. Enjoy these!
10 Funny Quotes About Being a Grandparent
- “To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word ‘boo.’ ” – Robert Breault
- “If I had known grandkids were so much fun, I would have had them first.” – author unknown
- “It’s funny what happens when you become a grandparent. You start to act all goofy and do things you never thought you’d do. It’s terrific.” – Mike Krzyzewski
- “Grandchildren: the only people who can get more out of you than the IRS.” – Gene Perret
- “You know you’re a grandparent when you laugh when your grandkids do the same things that made you so angry when your kids did them.” – author unknown
- “If your baby is ‘beautiful and perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule and burps on demand, an angel all the time,’ you’re the grandma.” – Teresa Bloomingdale
- “When a grandparent enters the door, discipline flies out the window.” – Ogden Nash
- “Grandparents are there to help the child get into the mischief they haven’t thought of yet.” – author unknown
- “I don’t spoil my grandkids, I’m just very accommodating.” – author unknown
- “The best babysitters, of course, are the baby’s grandparents. You feel completely comfortable entrusting your baby to them for long periods, which is why most grandparents flee to Florida.” – Dave Barry
Looking for some new secrets to living a healthy lifestyle? With this FREE A-Z guide on Living and Aging the Way You Want you can learn the ABCs of aging successfully. Download your PDF and start living the lifestyle you want.
Subscribe to Life Enriching Communities Blog
"*" indicates required fields