Positive thinking is a mental and emotional attitude. It focuses on the bright side of life and expects positive results. A positive person anticipates happiness, health and success. And believes he or she can overcome any obstacle and difficulty.
In addition to happiness, positive thinking can impact your health and wellness throughout your lifetime.
How You Can Increases Happiness
We affect and are affected by the people we meet in one way or another. This happens instinctively and on a subconscious level. Through words, thoughts and feelings, and body language.
- Negative People: when you spend your time with people who have negative thoughts, words and attitudes they create negativity and unhappy feelings, moods and behavior within yourself.
- Positive People: when you spend time with people who have positive thoughts, words and attitudes they create positive and happy feelings, moods and behaviors within yourself.
So is it any wonder that we want to be around positive people and prefer to avoid negative ones?
9 Positive Thinking Exercises
Try these exercises every day to help increase your positive thinking and happiness:
- Ignore what other people say or think about you.
- Visualize only favorable and beneficial situations.
- Use positive words.
- Smile a little more as this helps to think positively.
- Compliment others. This makes the person feel good and also makes you feel good, give it a try.
- Think Happy!
- Each day write down a good thing that happened to you.
- Use inner talk of repetitive positive affirmations.
- Walk away from negative conversations, they are unhealthy.
Twin Lakes is a continuing care retirement community in Cincinnati, Ohio, offering villa homes, apartments, rehab services and more. We’re focused on supporting the vibrant and active lifestyles of our residents so they can age well. For more information, contact Twin Lakes online or at 513-247-1300.