By Jim Mayer, Content Contributor and former Executive Director Twin Lakes Senior Living Community.
There’s so much new at Twin Lakes! Our expansion is complete and includes 45 independent living and 22 villa homes. In addition, there’s new common spaces that we’re happy to have.
Here’s What’s New
Davies Community Center
Our new community center is named after Shirley M. Davies who generously bequeathed a lead donation.
Shirley envisioned a space for us to come together to learn, celebrate, and entertain. Prior to this space, the community could not gather as one.
The center includes:
- Free standing chairs and tables so room can be configured as needed.
- Holds approximately 300 people and can be subdivided for smaller presentations or parties.
- Projector and three televisions located throughout.
- State-of-the-art technology for presentations, movies and other forms of entertainment.
- Portable stage for presentations and shows.
- Full-service adjoining kitchen so we can host large or small events.
This casual dining venue is available throughout the day and into the early evening. It’s a popular gathering place for residents and their guests.
The new Cafe´ includes:
- Unique menu items including specials and seasonal offerings.
- Brick oven for freshly made pizzas.
- Counter style seating as well as tables.
The Courtyard is accessible from many of the new apartments so you can find residents there quite often.
- Portable stage to be used here and in Davies Center.
- Pergola with electrical for concerts and programs outside.
- Benches on walking paths that weave throughout the landscaping.
Added Bonus: The Exchange at Twin Lakes
In addition to new apartments and common areas, we added restaurant and retail space.
Stone Creek Dining
This popular Montgomery restaurant relocated into the new building and we most certainly couldn’t be happier. It’s a great addition to our campus.
And if you haven’t eaten at Stone Creek Dining I’d encourage you to do so. You won’t be disappointed!
Toast and Berry
Enjoy breakfast or lunch at this delightful eatery. Toast and Berry serves up “original dishes reminiscent of those seemingly endless days at the beach.” So you can dine in or grab a coffee and pastry to go. Either way you’ll have a great meal.
This nationwide therapy company is passionate about helping people live a pain free life. In addition to physical and occupational Athletico offers a free assessment for pain or injury that can be scheduled on line.
We are thankful for everything that is new at Twin Lakes. Not only the beautiful building but all the new residents we have welcomed. Put it all together and it makes our community a very special place to be.
About the author: Jim Mayer is Executive Director at Twin Lakes Senior Living community and has been blogging for years. Many of his blogs share philosophy or healthy aging tips he has learned throughout his career working with older adults.
Twin Lakes is a continuing care retirement community in Cincinnati, Ohio, offering villa homes, apartments, rehab services and more. We’re focused on supporting the vibrant and active lifestyles of our residents so they can age well. For more information, contact Twin Lakes online or at 513-247-1300.