A Guide to Senior Living Community Changes
Whether your senior living plans are already well underway or you are just beginning your research, tours are a great way to get to know a community. However, with the growing use of digital resources, it is important to keep your touring options open. Here you will learn the benefits of taking a virtual tour, how to determine if it is a good one, and how most of them are usually conducted. With this guide to tour a senior community digitally you will be one step closer to peace of mind and new neighbors. So, get ready for your new digital adventure.
Decide Which Things are Important
It is important to decide which things you don’t want to give up before you tour. Is space the most important thing to you or is it getting out and going to events? You should make these decisions before touring so you know what you are looking for before scheduling.
How Virtual Tours Work
There are a few different ways a virtual tour can work and benefits to each. Below you will find the variety of tours as well as what each one offers. Most virtual tours will be offered through Zoom, Skype, or Facetime.
- Pre-recorded tours. These tours are recorded ahead of time and are often on-demand for prospective residents.
- The benefit of these kinds of tours is that you can take it whenever you want.
- The downside is you can’t ask questions easily.
- You can tell it’s a good tour if they show meals and have event planners.
- Live Virtual tours. These tours are scheduled with a representative of the sales team.
- The benefit of this type of tour is that you can ask questions and get answers in real-time. You can also ask to see specific amenities and areas of the community that you might not see otherwise.
- The downside is you must make an appointment.
- You can tell if this is a good tour if they are responsive to your questions and have a good plan for the tour.
Questions to Ask During Your Virtual Tour
In-person or online, here are some great questions to ask during your tour to make sure this is the right community for you.
- What is the number of staff members compared to residents?
- What kind of training is required of the staff?
- Are there health services available on campus?
- What types of specific care is the staff experienced?
- What services are included in the monthly fee?
- Ask to have pictures sent so you can compare communities later.
Now that you know what to look for, why not set up a tour with one of our associates and see all Life Enriching Communities has to offer to help you age well?
If you want to learn tips on moving to a community, check out our FREE ebook Moving to a Senior Living Community. Inside you will find helpful tips on how to plan a move.
Twin Towers is a continuing care retirement community in Cincinnati, Ohio, with independent living homes, assisted living, rehab services, and more. We’re focused on supporting the vibrant and active lifestyles of our residents so they can age well. For more information, contact Twin Towers online or at 513-853-2000.